Click on a grant title to see more details on the program and link to the official guidance.
Teichert Foundation (California)
C - Funds little to no technology
Teichert Foundation (Sacramento, California)
The Teichert Foundation make grants to organizations that create beauty, foster culture, nurture children, provide access to food and housing for those in need, preserve nature, increase awareness of our environment, build an educated citizenry and a well-prepared workforce, and strive to provide better health for all.
The Foundation will consider grant requests in the following categories:
- Culture and the arts,
- Youth and elderly,
- Environmental planning and preservation,
- Transportation and planning,
- Civic improvement and historical restoration,
- Community and social services, and
- Rehabilitation and health services.
Grant requests for specific purposes are usually preferable to those for normal operating expenses. The Foundation directors may also, from time to time, identify areas for special emphasis when emerging needs require extraordinary attention.
History of Funding
None is available.
Teichert Foundation will not consider grants to the following types of organizations or for the following purposes:
- Religious organizations for explicit religious activities, as distinguished from social or educational activities;
- Political organizations or political campaigns;
- Fraternal organizations, societies, or orders;
- Courtesy advertising or tickets for benefits;
- Telephone solicitations; or
- National fundraising efforts.
While deciding how much to grant to whom, the Foundation will give careful consideration to:
- The number of people that will benefit from the project
- The number of local volunteers supporting the organization and the project
- The commitment and composition of the organization's Board of Directors or Board of Trustees
- The extent to which the applicant complements the services of other community organizations
- The organization's fiscal responsibility and management qualifications
- The ability of the organization to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant
- The extent to which the program addresses underlying causes, rather than just symptoms of specific problems; and
- How well the organization plans to monitor and evaluate the results of the project
Eligible applicants are non-profit organizations, government and public agencies. The following counties are within the scope of Foundation granting activity: Alameda; Alpine; Amador; Butte; Calaveras; Colusa; Contra Costa; El Dorado; Fresno; Madera; Mariposa; Merced; Mono;Monterey; Nevada; Los Angeles; Orange County; Placer; Sacramento; San Benito; San Bernardino; San Diego; San Francisco; San Joaquin; San Mateo; Santa; Clara; Solano;Stanislaus; Sutter; Tuolumne; Tulare; Washoe; Yolo; and Yuba.
The Foundation accepts applications during two cycles. The 2022/2023 deadlines were February 4, 2022 and August 5, 2022. All applications must be submitted via eGrant. A similar application cycle is anticipated annually.
Up to $400,000 is available in total funding each year. Grants range between $3,000 to $7,500 and are generally awarded on a one-year basis.
Recent FUNDED Articles
Funding Classroom Technology to Empower Students and Teachers - Sponsored by Panasonic
Maximizing Technology-friendly Workforce Development Grants - Sponsored by Panasonic
Funding Data-driven Workforce Development Projects - Sponsored by NetApp
You have not selected any grants to Add
Please select at least one grant to continue.
The selected grant has been added to your
One of the benefits of purchasing an UPstream® subscription
generating professional research reports in Microsoft® Word or Adobe® PDF
Generating research reports allows you to capture all the grant data as
well as a nice set of instructions on how to read these reports
Watchlists and Grant Progress
With an UPstream®
you can add grants to your
own personal Watchlist. By adding grants to your watchlist, you will
receive emails about updates to your grants, be able to track your
grant's progress from watching to awards, and can easily manage any
step in the process through simplified workflows.
Email this Grant
With an UPstream®
, you can email grant details, a research report,
and relevant links to yourself or others so that you never lose your
details again. Emailing grants is a great way to keep a copy of the
current details so that when you are ready to start seeking funding
you already know where to go
Grants Office updates its database of funding opportunities daily, so expect this list of recently added/updated grant opportunities to change constantly.