Click on a grant title to see more details on the program and link to the official guidance.
Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) (Mississippi)
B - Readily funds technology as part of an award
Mississippi Department of Public Safety
The Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) program allows states and local governments to support a broad range of activities to prevent and control drug trafficking, drug related crime, and violent crime. Based on their own local needs and conditions, agencies are provided with the flexibility to prioritize and place justice funds where they are needed most. JAG funds can be used for state and local initiatives, technical assistance training, personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, and information systems for criminal justice for any one or more of the following purpose areas:
- Law enforcement programs.
- Prosecution and court programs.
- Prevention and court programs.
- Corrections and community corrections programs.
- Drug treatment and programs.
- Planning, evaluation, and technology improvement programs.
In Mississippi, the Department of Public Safety has identified the following targeted areas for JAG funding:
- NIBRS Compliance – Records Management System, Equipment or Software.
- Law Enforcement Personnel Support (overtime) for full-time Officers only.
- Operating Expense: Class A police uniforms are fundable under this area. Polo shirts and tactical pants will not be funded.
- Procuring equipment, technology, and other material directly related to basic law enforcement functions. Examples include, lighting supplies, replacement radios and communication devices, etc.
History of Funding
None is available.
JAG funds cannot be used directly or indirectly for security enhancements or equipment for nongovernmental entities not engaged in criminal justice or public safety. Additionally, JAG funds may not be used directly or indirectly to pay for any of the following items:
- Vehicles, vessels, or aircraft
- Unmanned aerial vehicles/unmanned aircraft, aircraft system, or aerial vehicles (UA/UAS/UAV)
- Luxury items
- Real estate
- Construction projects (other than penal or correctional institutions)
Eligible applicants are local law enforcement agencies in Mississippi that do not receive direct funding from the Department of Justice. For a list of agencies NOT eligible for JAG funding, see https://bja.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh186/files/media/document/ms.pdf.
Applications are to be submitted by June 30, 2022. A similar deadline is anticipated annually.
Awards to local law agencies may not exceed $5,000. A 25% match is required. Requests to waive this requirement will be considered with sufficient justification. Award periods will extend for 12-months, starting on October 1, 2023.
Recent FUNDED Articles
New Funding Opportunities for K-12 School Safety - Sponsored by NetApp
Funding to Address High Crime Areas within Your Community - Sponsored by NetApp
Funding to Enhance Response, Investigation, and Prosecution of Domestic Violence - Sponsored by Panasonic
You have not selected any grants to Add
Please select at least one grant to continue.
The selected grant has been added to your
One of the benefits of purchasing an UPstream® subscription
generating professional research reports in Microsoft® Word or Adobe® PDF
Generating research reports allows you to capture all the grant data as
well as a nice set of instructions on how to read these reports
Watchlists and Grant Progress
With an UPstream®
you can add grants to your
own personal Watchlist. By adding grants to your watchlist, you will
receive emails about updates to your grants, be able to track your
grant's progress from watching to awards, and can easily manage any
step in the process through simplified workflows.
Email this Grant
With an UPstream®
, you can email grant details, a research report,
and relevant links to yourself or others so that you never lose your
details again. Emailing grants is a great way to keep a copy of the
current details so that when you are ready to start seeking funding
you already know where to go
Grants Office updates its database of funding opportunities daily, so expect this list of recently added/updated grant opportunities to change constantly.