Click on a grant title to see more details on the program and link to the official guidance.
ARP: Health Center Construction and Capital Improvements (C8E)
B - Readily funds technology as part of an award
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
On January 31, 2020, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) declared a nationwide public health emergency related to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (COVID-19). In response to this public health emergency, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 provides HRSA with funding for awards to eligible entities to:
- Plan, prepare for, promote, distribute, administer, and track COVID–19 vaccines, and carry out other vaccine-related activities.
- Detect, diagnose, trace, and monitor COVID–19 infections and related activities necessary to mitigate the spread of COVID–19, including activities related to, and equipment or supplies purchased for, testing, contact tracing, surveillance, mitigation, and treatment of COVID-19.
- Purchase equipment and supplies to conduct mobile testing or vaccinations for COVID-19, purchase and maintain mobile vehicles and equipment to conduct such testing or vaccinations, and hire and train laboratory personnel and other staff to conduct such mobile testing or vaccinations, particularly in medically underserved areas.
- Establish, expand, and sustain the health care workforce to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID–19, and to carry out other health work force-related activities.
- Modify, enhance, and expand health care services and infrastructure.
- Conduct community outreach and education activities related to COVID–19.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is accepting applications for the fiscal year (FY) 2021 American Rescue Plan – Health Center Construction and Capital Improvements (ARP-Capital) funding opportunity. The purpose of this one-time funding opportunity is to support construction, expansion, alteration, renovation, and other capital improvements to modify, enhance, and expand health care infrastructure.
History of Funding
None is available.
Applicants may submit one application to request funding to support one or more of the following project types, for up to five (5) total projects:
- Construction of a New Facility: This project creates a new building structure. Activities in this project include construction of a new stand-alone structure.
- Construction/Expansion (C/E) of an Existing Facility: This project adds square footage to an existing facility and/or includes significant site work.
- Alteration/Renovation (A/R) of an Existing Facility: This project involves renovations to an existing facility that does not increase square footage of the facility.
- Equipment Only: This project involves the acquisition of loose, moveable equipment not affixed to the physical building structure.
To be eligible to apply, your organization must be an existing health center receiving Health Center Program operational support (under sections 330(e), (g), (h), and/or (i)) at the time of application and at the time of award.
Health Center Program operational grantees should submit their C8E application in HRSA's Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) by 5:00 p.m. ET June 24, 2021. This is a one time funding opportunity, future deadlines are not anticipated.
Approximately $1 Billion is available in total funding. Up to 1,376 awards will be granted. Award amount is determined by formula. The formula is $500,000 base award plus $11 per patient as reported in 2019 UDS. Project period is from September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2024. Cost sharing/matching is not required.
Recent FUNDED Articles
Highlights of Grants to Manage and Expand Access to Health Data - Sponsored by NetApp
Funding for Healthcare Technology to Connect Providers and Patients - Sponsored by Panasonic
Funding Technology-Enabled Transformation in Healthcare to Achieve the 3-Part Aim: Improved Health Status, Better Health Care Delivery, and Reduced Costs – Sponsored by NetApp
You have not selected any grants to Add
Please select at least one grant to continue.
The selected grant has been added to your
One of the benefits of purchasing an UPstream® subscription
generating professional research reports in Microsoft® Word or Adobe® PDF
Generating research reports allows you to capture all the grant data as
well as a nice set of instructions on how to read these reports
Watchlists and Grant Progress
With an UPstream®
you can add grants to your
own personal Watchlist. By adding grants to your watchlist, you will
receive emails about updates to your grants, be able to track your
grant's progress from watching to awards, and can easily manage any
step in the process through simplified workflows.
Email this Grant
With an UPstream®
, you can email grant details, a research report,
and relevant links to yourself or others so that you never lose your
details again. Emailing grants is a great way to keep a copy of the
current details so that when you are ready to start seeking funding
you already know where to go
Grants Office updates its database of funding opportunities daily, so expect this list of recently added/updated grant opportunities to change constantly.