Click on a grant title to see more details on the program and link to the official guidance.
B - Readily funds technology as part of an award
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Fiscal year (FY) 2022 Optimizing Virtual Care (OVC) one-time funding is available for up to 25 health centers on a competitive basis. The purpose of the OVC funding is to support health centers to develop, implement, and evaluate innovative, evidence-based strategies that:
- Optimize the use of virtual care to increase access and improve clinical quality for underserved communities and vulnerable populations; and
- Can be adapted and scaled across the Health Center Program.
This funding opportunity will support health centers to systematically design, implement, and evaluate ways to optimize the use of virtual care into the future.
If funded, award recipients will actively participate in collaborative learning and evaluation activities with other OVC award recipients through a coordination and evaluation center. Award recipients will provide data and progress updates to the coordination and evaluation center that will facilitate peer learning and evaluate progress and effectiveness of the funded projects to optimize the use of virtual care.
History of Funding
None is available.
Recipients cannot use funds under this notice for the following costs:
- Costs already paid for by other Health Center Program funds;
- Purchase or upgrade of an electronic health record (EHR) that is not certified by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC);12
- Construction activities, including additions or expansions;
- Major alteration/renovation, defined as A/R in excess of $500,000 in total federal and non-federal costs (excluding the cost of moveable equipment);
- Purchase and/or installation of trailers and pre-fabricated modular units;
- Facility or land purchases; or
- Concrete or asphalt paving of new areas outside of a building.
Applicants must be existing Health Center Program award recipients currently receiving operational (H80) funding under section 330(e), (g), (h), and/or (i) of the Public Health Service Act.
OVC applications require a two-phase submission process:
- Phase 1 - Grants.gov: Must be completed and successfully submitted to Grants.gov by 11:59 pm ET on July 16, 2021.
- Phase 2 - HRSA EHBs: Must be completed and successfully submitted by 5:00 pm ET on August 17, 2021.
HRSA estimates approximately $50,000,000 in one-time funding to be available to fund up to 25 recipients. Applicants may apply for a ceiling amount of up to $2,000,000 total, which may be used over 2 years for both direct and indirect costs. The period of performance is March 1, 2022 through February 29, 2024 (2 years). Cost sharing/matching is not required for this program.
Recent FUNDED Articles
Highlights of Grants to Manage and Expand Access to Health Data - Sponsored by NetApp
Funding for Healthcare Technology to Connect Providers and Patients - Sponsored by Panasonic
Funding Technology-Enabled Transformation in Healthcare to Achieve the 3-Part Aim: Improved Health Status, Better Health Care Delivery, and Reduced Costs – Sponsored by NetApp
You have not selected any grants to Add
Please select at least one grant to continue.
The selected grant has been added to your
One of the benefits of purchasing an UPstream® subscription
generating professional research reports in Microsoft® Word or Adobe® PDF
Generating research reports allows you to capture all the grant data as
well as a nice set of instructions on how to read these reports
Watchlists and Grant Progress
With an UPstream®
you can add grants to your
own personal Watchlist. By adding grants to your watchlist, you will
receive emails about updates to your grants, be able to track your
grant's progress from watching to awards, and can easily manage any
step in the process through simplified workflows.
Email this Grant
With an UPstream®
, you can email grant details, a research report,
and relevant links to yourself or others so that you never lose your
details again. Emailing grants is a great way to keep a copy of the
current details so that when you are ready to start seeking funding
you already know where to go
Grants Office updates its database of funding opportunities daily, so expect this list of recently added/updated grant opportunities to change constantly.