Click on a grant title to see more details on the program and link to the official guidance.
A - Primarily intended to fund technology
Alabama Secretary of State
The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 provides payments to states for activities to improve the administration of elections for Federal office, including to enhance election technology and make election security improvements.
Consistent with the requirements of HAVA, states may use this funding to
- Replace voting equipment that only records a voter's intent electronically with equipment that utilizes a voter verified paper record;
- Implement a post-election audit system that provides a high level of confidence in the accuracy of the final vote tally;
- Upgrade election related computer systems to address cyber vulnerabilities identified through Department of Homeland Security, or similar scans or assessments of, existing election systems;
- Facilitate cybersecurity training for the state chief election official's office and local election officials;
- Implement established cybersecurity best practices for election systems; and
- Fund other activities that will improve the security of elections for Federal office, including physical security services and social media threat monitoring
History of Funding
None is available.
The grant project period begins when EAC awards appropriated funds to the states and ends when the state expends all federal and required state match funds, interest earned on the federal and state funds and any program income earned under the grant. The Notice of Grant Award issued by the EAC will identify the project period for each grant.
The Alabama Secretary of State is the only entity eligible to apply to the US Election Security Commission for HAVA funds. Funds are then awarded to state agencies in Alabama. States may re-grant/distribute funds to local election districts/offices at their discretion.
For information regarding local deadlines, contact the Secretary of State's Office at (334) 242-7210.
The FY23 allocation to the State of Alabama is $1,067,681. Funds are allocated based on the voting age population formula. States are required to match 20 percent of funds awarded within two years of receiving federal support.
An Infrastructure Bill Primer
Cybersecurity Solutions and Funding for Education Providers and State & Local Governments - Sponsored by HP and AMD
Modernizing Government Identity: ARPA and Infrastructure Funds Available for Cybersecurity Initiatives in 2022 - Sponsored by Okta
You have not selected any grants to Add
Please select at least one grant to continue.
The selected grant has been added to your
One of the benefits of purchasing an UPstream® subscription
generating professional research reports in Microsoft® Word or Adobe® PDF
Generating research reports allows you to capture all the grant data as
well as a nice set of instructions on how to read these reports
Watchlists and Grant Progress
With an UPstream®
you can add grants to your
own personal Watchlist. By adding grants to your watchlist, you will
receive emails about updates to your grants, be able to track your
grant's progress from watching to awards, and can easily manage any
step in the process through simplified workflows.
Email this Grant
With an UPstream®
, you can email grant details, a research report,
and relevant links to yourself or others so that you never lose your
details again. Emailing grants is a great way to keep a copy of the
current details so that when you are ready to start seeking funding
you already know where to go
Grants Office updates its database of funding opportunities daily, so expect this list of recently added/updated grant opportunities to change constantly.